Friday, September 2, 2011

Cynara

Cynara is the name of the woman behind the artichoke.

Gabby is my name and I have no fame to it. I am a mathematics student in my sophomore year. Choosing this class was pretty easy, it was the lesser of two evils. The last book I read was probably There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.  The reason for reading it was to prove to my friends little sister that I knew all the words by heart and could read it in one breath. I failed the first half of that. Don't get me wrong I love books. I love to read books, but a lot of the time it's easier to multitask with a movie or tv show (A Pup Named Scooby-Doo being the most recent addiction). It is sad what my world has come to.  The written word is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Hopefully this course shall change my slow downfall into visual media death.

 So Zeus took Cynara to be his mistress and brought her up to Olympus. She missing her mother snuck down to earth to visit her. When Zeus found out about this he got angry and threw her down to earth turning her into the very first artichoke. (At least that's the Greek Mythology to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment